Monday, May 31, 2010

Thank you

Hey everyone,

I have been overwhelmed by your messages and comments. Thank you all for your support and kind words.

On the appilcation I answered the question, "Do your family and friends support your decsion to become a surrogate mother?" Of course, I answered yes. In general, my family supports me and the choices I make, but there was definately some uncertainty. Knowing now that I have not only the support of my family but also the support of friends and peers reassures me of every choice made throughout this process.

Having a great support system is so very important but difficult at the same time. I am fully aware that I am not doing this alone, which means that all of you are a huge part of this. My husband will be there when I get sick or there to feel my belly as this baby kicks. My family will be there to watch my girls if I need to make a run to the hospital, go to doctors appointments, or just take a nap. My friends will grab me whatever it is I'm craving on thier way to visit and go with me to shop for maternity clothes. Therefore, they all will be very much invested in this pregnancy. I know my family and friends will be there for us upon delievery of the baby, and I know it will be hard for them to see me laying in a hospital bed with no baby in my arms and no baby to pass around and show off. However, I know now more then ever that I have their (your) support.

Thank you all so much. Having you stand behind me just because you love me has made a whole world of difference. Know that I am doing this to give this couple the joy and love I have been given, and that I know exactly what I am doing. I am in a very positive state of mind and look forward to carring this baby for 9 months, going through labor and delivery, and handing him/her over to its smiling patient parnets.

If you ever need support, (love, a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, or a pat on the back) I hope you all know Chris, Ruby, Hazel and I will be here ready to give you the attention you have given us!

Thanks again!

1 comment:

  1. I know i dont even have to tell you this because u should already know it but me and tyler along with the boys are behind you a HUNDRED percent thru this and i think you r amazing for giving this couple the best thing anyone could ever give.remember u need anything im there n im def the one who u hire if u get put on bedrest to take care of u n the girls lol love u guys cant wait for the next few mths n all the amazing things to come w it

    ReplyDelete