Thursday, September 16, 2010

Progress has been made!!

Hey everyone,

Sorry I have been absent from the blog for a while. Like I mentioned time and time before, the surrogacy process is a long one. Like most of you; I had no idea it would take this long though. After weeks and months of waiting, I can honestly say progress has been made, and we will be experiencing pregnancy very soon.

Here is what has taken place since last time I blogged: As always, we have been in close touch with the couple we are working with. They are getting very anxious and like any expecting parent, they are getting nervous...plus they have the added stress of "will this work or not?" weighing on them. I too have expressed my feeling of anxiousness and worry and as they put my nerves to rest I do the same for them, I must say...we are a great team.

During the past few days we have finished up all lose ends, paper work, and medical work ups. I have been on birth control for the past 2 months and now my cycle and the egg donors cycle are on the same track. Because so much time, effort and money has been invested into this project extra precautions will take place to insure the likelihood of pregnancy. These precautions are ones that scare me to death....they come in the form of NEEDLES! At the end of this month (Sept 27) I should be starting my progesterone and hormone shots...and I am freaking out. I am banking on the thought "I am doing this for a deserving, loving couple who I care deeply for" to get me through, along with the support and help from my family and friends. These shots will take place every night, one in my back (given by Chris) and one in my stomach. Once I confirm a pregnancy the injections in my stomach will stop but the injections in my back will continue until I am 5 weeks along (And any pregnant woman will agree...5 weeks is a long time). Even though I am really dreading this step in the surrogacy process I am anxiously awaiting it, this is the final step before the transfer...so finally, I can say PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE!

as of now (and this is subject to change but not likely) we will be traveling to Portland for the final time at the end of October or beginning of November. The actual transfer will take place either October 25th or November 2nd. the schedule will look something like this:
If the transfer takes place November 2nd:
We will leave Indiana to Portland November 1st to ensure our arrival for said date.
November 2nd we will arrive at the clinic for the transfer. The actual implantation will take up to 15 minutes, and after the transfer has been made I will stay laying down for 30 minutes.
I will then return to our hotel suite and be on very strict bed rest for 24-48 hours, only getting up to use the restroom!
We will return back to Indiana on the 4th or 5th and go on with our lives and hope that it all went as planned.

All the frustrating waiting is finally paying off, so please hang in there and keep following the blog, I can't wait to announce that we are pregnant and I am anxious to blog about all the steps it has taken to get us there!

Thank you again, for being such a wonderful support system, I am such a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment