Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ultrasound Surprise!

June 22nd, today was the day the couple would see their daughters for the first time. They were so excited for my ultrasound appointment, and I was excited for them...I took pride in showing off these babies who have taken over my body!
  The tech would point out the bladders, the thigh bones and their full tummies, but due to the language barrier they didn't pick up much. Then in a second baby A turned her face giving everyone a clear view of just how beautiful she was. Both men hopped out of their sets and shouted "her face" in French...with a smile ear to ear it was hard to fight back tears. 
  The ultrasound was great, so we thought. At the end the tech whispered to me "baby A is a half pound smaller then B and I see no fluid around her, I have to make a note of that for the doctor to see." I then relayed the message to the dads, and the smile that took over was now a look of worry.
  As we waited and waited for the doctors arrival time seemed to slow down. We kept good conversation so at least we had each other to take our minds off of the worry and anxiety. Finally in scrubs the doctor came in (I think he may have just got done performing surgery).
  He explained that baby A weighed 3 pounds 11 ounces and baby B  weighed 4 pounds 9 ounces. The slow growth of baby A was due to fluid being low. In cases like this, it's best to deliver asap. With wide eyes all 3 of us looked at each other wondering what that may mean. The Doctor chimed in saying "I think it best if we do the CSection this Friday!" I should have been excited, I was ready...but only 1 1/2 day to prepare was not enough and my nerves took over. The men seemed scared, yet excited all at once, we all had so much to do! In just a few hours this pregnancy would end with two baby girls being held in their fathers arms...were we ready?

Stay tuned to find out what happened next, I promise it will touch your hearts to the point of pure happiness!

More to come...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment