Tuesday, August 14, 2012

information update!

WOW! Its been a very long time since I have blogged...I apologize for the very long pause. I first want to start by saying that due to our very busy life style, blogging has been on the very back burner. Therefore I would like to extend my email address to anyone interested in contacting me for information regarding surrogacy, or my personal journey through a surrogacy as well as advice. I check my email daily, and I absolutely love talking about my journey and giving a very honest look into surrogacy. Please feel free to interrupt my day with as many questions or comments as you would like:) astarr04@gmail.com also, I want to express my admiration for Surrogate Mothers Inc. Working with them was an absolute pleasure and I recommend them fully to anyone interested in being a surrogate as well as anyone looking for a surrogate. Mr. Litz was very informative and never hesitated to make sure my experienced was one I would cherish. His staff treated me with the most respect even when I would send 100 emails about ever single topic under the sun. Not only was the experience professional but it was very personal as well and with out their support, and encouragement this wouldn't have been possible. (and no, I was not paid to say any of that, these are my true feelings regarding SMI) For more information on SMI go visit www.surrogatemothers.com and tell them I sent ya;) now for a quick update on my life: Chris and I are expecting our 3rd child:) we are all thrilled to be adding another beautiful baby to our family. I am only 13 weeks so we still have a long road ahead of us. The girls are split, one wants a boy and the other wants another girl...after having 4 girls though (my two plus the twins) I have a slight feeling boys are not even a possibility lol. Then again I am sure that isn't why you all stay tuned...my life is boring right? Heres what you all want to know....HOW ARE THE TWINS?!? The girls are doing wonderful, for that matter so are their daddies:) I recently signed over all parental rights and soon the girls will have French citizenship. In june they celebrated their 1st birthday, can you believe that! Though we are an ocean away would had the pleasure of being present during their birthday via many videos, and pictures...and of course we sent them a big box of gifts (what would you get two french girls that SCREAMS america...American girl dolls:)Not only have we been a part of their birthday, but we have witnessed their first steps, first words, and many cute moments and mile stones in-between. the guys really are doing an amazing job and they have two beautiful and spoiled little girls to show for it. I still receive emails, Skype calls, and text messages...pictures are exchanged all the time and we remain just as close as we ever have been. the family plans on visiting in April and we are ready! we plan on taking turns early traveling to on another...and have already begun planning a 2014 trip to Barcelona where we will meet up with the guys and their girls... After everything, all the ups and downs I can still say that this process, this experience has changed our lives and I am truly blessed to have all of you care so much! Thank you....

4 comments:

  1. We are considering surrogacy. I'd like to ask you some private questions. Can I email you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please do my email address is astarr04@gmail.com I look forward to helping you answer any questions you may have:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The program is wonderful, and an answer to most peoples prayers, but there are many unspoken legal loop holes that could leave you (and your child) hanging in limbo indefinitely. Contrary to the published literature about the 'embryo transfer program with an egg donor', The State of Indiana (where this all takes place) does not recognize surrogacy. The Surrogate’s name will remain on the birth certificate. And there is no pre-birth court order. Also, after the child is born, the wife of the couple can not adopts the child until the Indian court agrees to remove surrogate name from the birth certificate. Which, as I stated, has no timetable and could take forever. Next month I will outline in detail exactly how my situation has (and continues to) unfold. I will also outline the negative downstream effects one will encounter after surrogacy at Surrogate Mothers Inc. If you have any questions feel free to post them here and I will respond , or contact me or Steven Litz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, next month, I will outline the surrogacy experience from the perspective of an African American, pre and post delivery.

    ReplyDelete