Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Flights are booked!

Hey Everyone,

About 4 years ago, Chris and I went on our Honeymoon to Paris, London, and Oxford. My favorite part of our trip was the evening we spent in Paris, France. We bought a chocolate crepe and a bottle of wine and sat across the street from the Eiffel Tower in a near park. Chris sat there and I laid on his lap. We drank our wine, and ate our crepe just gazing at the beautiful tower while it displayed the most spectacular light show. I wondered if we would ever enjoy France again, little did I know we would...and this time France is coming to us! The 2 gentleman I will be a surrogate for have officially booked their flight and will be here in a few short weeks!

I just received another email from them today, and it turns out that my response to their 1st email got mixed up with SPAM. They contacted the lawyer's office this morning to see if there was a reason they never heard back from me, and shortly after, we figured out what the problem was and fixed it! Now, we have an open line of communication and look forward to emailing back and forth until the end of June when we get to carry on our conversations in person.

they will only get to visit for a few hours, and more then likely we will all meet in Indianapolis, so being the "planner" I am, I have been running through a million ideas as to what we should do. I have divide the day into 2 parts, 1 being introducing Ruby and Hazel to the couple, 2 being dinner without the girls so that the 4 of us can discuss everything that needs discussed. Right now the plan is to spend a few hours at the zoo, where the girls are comfortable and free to run around, then we would drop the girls off and head to dinner and maybe a stroll downtown...but feel free to give me some ideas and advice!

Well, everyone...Things are going to slow down for the next couple of weeks/months. I am preparing my body to become pregnant and until all the preparation is done we are kind of at a stand-still. I will keep everyone posted on anything new or exciting that takes place so please stay tuned!

a bientot (see you soon)

Alexis


-I should be hearing from the fertilization clinic in Portland very soon about what labs and blood work I will need to have done before the IVF process. I will let you know what test will need to happen in case any of you are interested in becoming a surrogate.

1 comment:

  1. I say you do your final suggestion. Spend sometime at the zoo with the girls - so they can see your girls and then later drop the girls off and go to dinner so you can discuss what you need to....

    ReplyDelete