Thursday, February 10, 2011

To My Valentine

This blog is probably the most personal blog I will ever write. This is a thank you blog to the person who has made this surrogacy possible! 
 
wherever you go, I shall go,
wherever you live, I shall live.
Your people will be my people,
and your God will be my God.

When I was 15 I knew I had met the man of my dreams. He was everything I never thought existed. He showed me unconditional love, and his pure heart was full of compassion. He was a gentleman, who opened my doors and wrote me poems, he showed me the meaning of love through respect and compromise. He was my best friend, my boyfriend, and the love of my life.

Over the years our love grew stronger, but that's not to say we didn't have our trials and tribulations. With any growing relationship we had our share of disagreements. But Chris stood by me and when I thought he should run, he stayed, holding my hand, and willing to build upon our problems and make only the best of a tough and sometime painful situation. His understanding, and knowledge of the meaning of "true love" has got us through so many hard times and I can't begin to express my gratitude, sticking by me can't always be easy. 

On July 22, 2006 we stood before our friends and family and said vows that would bind us together for the rest of our lives. This was a new beginning for both of us, a new Journey for us to travel together as one, this was the day we promised to live by this verse spoken by Ruth " for
wherever you go, I shall go,
wherever you live, I shall live.
Your people will be my people,
and your God will be my God.
where you die, I shall die." 

The future is unknown, and neither of us could have predicted the twist in turn our journey would have taken but here we are...nearly 10 years together and almost 5 years happily married with 2 beautiful daughters who have taught us the meaning of an even truer love. 

Through the years we have endured job lose, money troubles, emotional trials, tragedy, lose, and heartache. But through it all we continue to hold hands. 

This surrogacy has tested me emotionally, and physically. I can't count on things to go normal, or even good right now but one thing I can count on is my husband and his amazing support and love. I can count on him asking " do you want to talk about it?" "is there anything I can do?" or "what can I do to help?" I can count on him wiping my tears, kissing my forehead while hugging me as if tomorrow won't come. I can count on him to keep the house clean and the girls entertained so I can take a warm bath or lay down to get rid of a headache, back pain or cramp. I can count on him 100% to tell me what I'm doing matters and that we are in this together. I can count on him to be my rock, my will, and my encouragement...I can count on that same unconditional love that I counted on 10 years ago when I was a 15 year old awkward freshman standing before the captain of the football team, the valedictorian and asked for him to take a chance on me...with me. 

Together we take walk side by side through this new journey, our journey through surrogacy. And although I'm the one who is pregnant, Chris has shared in this experience 110% he is with me through the good the bad and the even worse. Without him I wouldn't and couldn't do this so today I would like to say Thank you Chris, for being the most amazing partner a girl could ask for. You are my best friend, a fantastic father and an unbelievable husband. I truly am the luckiest girl in the entire world. Through this process I feel our love grow stronger then I had ever thought possible. I promise all your hard work and dedication is not unseen and words could never express how much I deeply appreciate everything you are.

You are the love of my life, Happy Early Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment